Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Equivalent Of Mercilon In India

a book that can change your life ...

One morning in June of 1977 I passed the Jura mountains and went to France. The Triumph had stopped protesting and was running free. All my equipment was in perfect order. I was on
seat with the same ease with which the others sit down in a chair, and now you can comfortably hold that position for twelve hours or more. I was very thin, I weighed nearly fourteen pounds less than start.
It had been four years.
My body, however, worked better than ever, except the right eye: he had become less efficient after the incident in Penang. I continued to smoke cigarettes, and I kept wanting to stop.
On the bike I had uploaded everything from rice, Iran, Afghanistan dried currants and blackberries, Assam tea, spices for the curry of Calcutta, Turkish halva, and a bit 'of soy sauce in Penang.
In a Bottle polyethylene with tapop which screw bought in a shop in Kathmandu was the rest of the oil of sesame seeds that I bought a Boddhgaya. The rice and raisins were in plastic boxes in Guatemala. I bought a teapot at Victoria Falls, and the plates were enameled "Made in China" and I had inherited from Bruno. A box of henna leaves Sudan, a vial of rose water, Peshawar and some silver ornaments of Ootacamund were all tucked into a bowl Burmese lacquer, which in turn was in the Russian samovar of Kabul.
The leather bags and seat cover were Argentines. The tent and sleeping bag were still those in London but I did make a new padded sleeping bag in San Francisco. I had a Pera blanket and a hammock in Brazil. She was still wearing the silver necklace and a bracelet made of Lulu with the hair of elephant in Kenya. The fishing rod Australia had held the post of the sword of Cairo, and an umbrella Thai replace what I had lost to Argentina. Most precious of all was definitely a Kashmiri carpet, even if it was what I held to determine difficle more.
crossed Lyon and I kept away from the highway, across the Rhone Saint-Esprit and heading towards Nimes. I kept mentally see what piece of film: the avenue, the plane trees, the sun glimmered among the trunks and leaves. Within hours, within minutes of the film is confused with reality. I climbed that avenue, and with that single gesture, I would have forever sealed the four years of my life richer.

Ted Simon, Jupiter's Travels , 1978

0 comments:

Post a Comment